• Carson Manor remained opened nearly 30 years ago for
persons requiring nursing care.
• Carson had a bed capacity of 470.
• Staff totaled 235 with nonmanagement personnel unionized under the District Service Workers Union Local 325
• Mr. Henry Davis is the City’s director of Social services. • Carson Manor Committee of Management consists of five
aldermen who were painted or volunteered to fill these
• Ms. Elaine Tylor, director of supply for the city of Winston, was reviewing proposals for the Carson Manor study.
Board of Control
Director of Supply
Defining the Issue
• The Carson Manor had a history of apprehensive
with cost disorganizations
• Over hiring non-managemental staff (basically two
• Budget is enormously incompetent in keeping and
taking care of the elderly within the nursing home
• Cost savings not in corresponding terms
• Reporting structure too complex, and unnecessary
• Current operations do not meet PSD objectives
Analyzing Case Data
• Patience Care Ltd Cost $35,000
• Clark-Hamilton Ltd Cost $47,000
• Standard Care Ltd Cost $77,000
• 1. Do noting
• 2. Standard Care proposal
• 3. Rearrange existing structure (costs and
• Standard Care would be an optimal consultant
for Carson Manor based on previous
experience, it is expected that savings should
be in the order of 8 to 10% of total expenses,
which would be approximately $1.1 million in
the case of Carson Manor.
• Reporting structure should be minimized in
an effective manner.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document